Professional Continuing Education Through MCOHS
Continuing Education Face to Face Training Courses
We offer professional continuing education in the areas of:
Industrial Hygiene (including hazardous substances); Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing; Occupational Safety and Injury Epidemiology and Control; Occupational Medicine; and Occupational Health Services Research and Policy
Occupational Health and Safety Online Courses
Free online modules targeted at occupational health and safety professionals of all experience levels, especially those involved in industrial hygiene, occupational health nursing, occupational safety and injury prevention, and occupational medicine.
Julie Alcorn-Webb, MA, Program Director
Tuesday, May 10
8:30am - 4:30pm
University of Minnesota
2221 University Ave, Ste 114-116
Map and Parking
Are you a busy Occupational Health and Safety Professional interested in keeping up to date on the latest in your field? Register now for the Minnesota Association of Occupational Health Nurses Professional Development Conference. This full day conference addresses current issues in occupational health and safety that will enhance your professional practice while you earn 0.6 CEUs (6 nursing contact hours). Parking, continental breakfast, and full lunch included.
Session topics include:
• Clinical Physical Therapy Management of Traumatic Brain Injury
• Case law update: Mn Workers' Compensation
• MN OSHA Updates
• ADA/FMLA Developments: A Review of Recent Court Decisions
• Current Thinking in Office Ergonomics
• Occupational Health Challenge: Veterans in the Workplace
MAOHN Members = $85
Non-Members = $95
The Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety (MCOHS) Continuing Education (CE) program mission, "to improve occupational/environmental health and safety through the transmission of knowledge, skill and understanding to those responsible for workplace health and safety," is complemented by the mission of its administrative home, the Centers for Public Health Education and Outreach, which is "to promote access to lifelong learning that bridges academic and public health practice communities through education/training for practicing public health professionals."
To accomplish these dual missions the MCOHS CE program:
1) conducts and accesses multifaceted local, regional and national needs assessments to determine continuing education needs of occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals;
2) responds to needs of broad-based OSH professional audiences by developing/offering relevant courses;
3) maintains high-quality course offerings as evidenced by ongoing course, instructor, and selected impact evaluations,
4) maximize resources and knowledge base by collaborating with both internal and external individuals and groups; and
5) increases benefit/reach of face-to-face programs and online learning opportunities using innovative technology.
The MCOHS CE training program is committed to offer training in the core disciplines as well as interdisciplinary programs, covering a wide spectrum of interest and skill levels with introductory and advanced courses in hazard-specific and/or industry-specific topics, emerging OSH issues, and traditional,longstanding exam/practice review and update/refresher programs.
University of Minnesota School of Public Health Continuing Education
The University of Minnesota School of Public Health facilitates the Continuing Education component of the Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety, including in person and online training courses, as well as the MCOHS seminars and NORA Symposia Series.
Education and Research Centers for Occupational Safety and Health
Access information on continuing education programs for OH&S professionals across 18 university-based Education and Research Centers (ERC) funded by NIOSH:
Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center
MCOHS has collaborated with the Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH) to sponsor the NORA Symposium and seminars. UMASH offers training and safety education resources in agricultural safety and health, including fact sheets, posters, and videos.
Director of Continuing Education
Julie Alcorn-Webb, MA
2221 University Ave SE, Suite 110
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Centers for Public Health Education and Outreach (CPHEO)
School of Public Health
University of Minnesota
420 Delaware Street SE
MMC 197 Mayo 8197A
Minneapolis, MN 55455