Research Faculty Position in Injury Prevention Epidemiology
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
The University of Iowa, College of Public Health
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The University of Iowa, College of Public Health invites applications for a research-track faculty position in Occupational and Environmental Health. Applications will be considered at the level of Assistant Professor (Research Track).
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop an independent research portfolio in the area of traumatic injury and violence prevention (e.g., develop grant proposals for diverse funding sources including NIH, CDC and foundations; learn to lead large epidemiologic studies)
- Conduct and support epidemiologic studies of traumatic injury and violence prevention with human populations
- Develop and lead statistical analysis plans for injury and violence prevention projects such as in homicide/suicide, opioid overdose, falls in older adults, transportation and workplace violence
- Develop dissemination materials for internal and external partners, such as policy briefs and reports
- Develop dissemination materials for research audiences, such as peer-reviewed manuscripts and conference presentations
- Supervise students with experiential learning projects
- Support advancement of the UI Injury Prevention Research Center’s core mission
- Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to promoting a diverse academic environment
For consideration, applicants must hold a PhD or other doctorate in a relevant field including graduate-level training in epidemiologic methods; have publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals; demonstrate the ability to develop an externally funded research program and future scholarship. Additionally, applicants should have knowledge of advanced statistical methods; and have experience with administrative datasets.
To apply for this position, please visit jobs.uiowa.edu, faculty requisition #73989, where you will be asked to submit curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and the names of three professional references. Please address inquiries and nominations to the search committee administrator, Lisa Irving at firstname.lastname@example.org.