MCOHS Continuing Education
8:00 am - 5:15 pm
University Office Plaza
2221 University Avenue SE, Suite 114/116 Minneapolis, MN 55414
If your company has an Occupational Hearing Conservation program, this course is for you. If you are a nurse or an allied medical and industrial health practitioner, you will learn to perform pure tone air conduction hearing tests and other associated duties of the Occupational Hearing Conservationist (OHC) as a member of the occupational hearing conservation team.
All participants will have ample opportunity to practice hearing testing utilizing a variety of audiometry equipment with one-on-one instruction from the faculty.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
- Council for Accreditation for Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC) approved course
- Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety 2.0 CEUs
- Meets the MN Board of Nursing CE requirements for 24 (50 minute) contact hours.
- Meets the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
As a result of this learning activity, participants are able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in pure tone hearing threshold testing techniques on manual and microprocessor audiometers
- Describe basic ear anatomy/physiology as well as how to perform an otoscopic exam
- List parameters of sound as they relate to hearing testing
- List various aspects of industrial hearing conservation programs, employee education, and federal and state regulations
- Review updated information regarding current instrumentation and products