MCOHS Continuing Education
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
University Office Plaza
2221 University Avenue SE, Suite 114/116 Minneapolis, MN 55414
This one-day, interactive course is designed as an update for those who have successfully completed the initial NIOSH-Approved Spirometry Training within the past five years and can provide a copy of that training certificate to the course director. In this interactive workshop, an emphasis will be placed on practical aspects of spirometric testing and making sense of spirometric results. Students are encouraged to supply information on the spirometers they currently or plan to use and samples of spirograms from their work setting.
The registration fee of $275.00 includes handouts, course materials, and CEU certificate.
- 0.7 CEUs or 7 (60 minute) contact hours of participation in a structured continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship and qualified instruction.
- This activity has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 7 (60 minute) contact hours, and ABOHN requirements for certification.
- This course is designed to meet the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- Use standardized methods to obtain acceptable and repeatable spirograms
- Correctly perform calculations for basic spirometric parameters
- Implement appropriate quality assurance procedures for spirometric equipment
- Recognize applications, strengths, and limitations of spirometry in occupational health setting