MCOHS Continuing Education
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
University Office Plaza
2221 University Avenue SE, Suite 114/116 Minneapolis, MN 55414
Don't just collect spirograms! Build confidence in your ability to use NIOSH-approved techniques for obtaining the best spirometric test results with a variety of clients. This 2 day workshop covers the most current standards and recent developments in pulmonary function testing. If you are an occupational health nurse, physician, industrial hygienist, technician, medical assistant, or employee health practitioner responsible for performing accurate pulmonary function testing, you will greatly appreciate this course. All participants will have ample opportunity to practice pulmonary function testing utilizing a variety of spirometry equipment with one-on-one instruction from the faculty.
- Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety - 1.5 CEUs
- Nurses - 19.2 (50 minute) contact hours
- Meets the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
As a result of this learning activity, participants are able to:
- Use standardized methods to obtain acceptable and repeatable spirograms
- Correctly perform calculations for basic spirometric parameters
- Implement appropriate quality assurance procedures for spirometry equipment
- Recognize the applications, strengths, and limitations of spirometry in the occupational health setting