MCOHS Continuing Education
8:00 am - 5:15 pm
University Office Plaza
2221 University Avenue SE, Suite 114/116 Minneapolis, MN 55414
Stay Current and Above the Crowd! This one-day course will qualify those holding a current CAOHC certification for recertification. All participants will have ample opportunity to hone their skills by practicing hearing testing utilizing a variety of audiometry equipment with one-on-one instruction from Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety.
- MCOHS Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 0.8 CEUs
- Meets the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 9.6 (50 Minute) contact hours.
- Meets the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
As a result of this learning activity, participants are able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in pure tone hearing threshold testing techniques on manual and microprocessor audiometers
- Describe basic ear anatomy/physiology as well as how to perform an otoscopic exam
- List parameters of sound as they relate to hearing testing
- List various aspects of industrial hearing conservation programs, employee education, and federal and state regulations
- Review updated information regarding current instrumentation and products