MCOHS Continuing Education
8:00 am - 5:15 pm
University Office Plaza
2221 University Avenue SE, Suite 114/116 Minneapolis, MN 55414
Stay Current and Above the Crowd! This one-day course will qualify those holding a current CAOHC certification for recertification. All participants will have ample opportunity to hone their skills by practicing hearing testing utilizing a variety of audiometry equipment with one-on-one instruction from Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety.
- MCOHS Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 0.8 CEUs
- Meets the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 9.6 (50 Minute) contact hours.
- Meets the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
As a result of this learning activity, participants are able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in pure tone hearing threshold testing techniques on manual and microprocessor audiometers
- Describe basic ear anatomy/physiology as well as how to perform an otoscopic exam
- List parameters of sound as they relate to hearing testing
- List various aspects of industrial hearing conservation programs, employee education, and federal and state regulations
- Review updated information regarding current instrumentation and products
COVID-19 Safety Notice
The following guidelines have been instituted to maintain the safety of all students and faculty attending in-person courses:
- All students and faculty must wear a mask (covering both nose and mouth) while inside the building.
- Temperature checks will be conducted daily prior to entering the classroom.
- Students are asked to reschedule their course if they are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Students will be assigned seats spaced 6 feet apart from each other and from instructors.
- Instructional activities have been adapted to maintain a safe distance throughout the course.
- Food and drink are not to be consumed in the classroom; ample break time will be allowed throughout the course for students to leave the classroom. Additionally, a 1 hour lunch period is provided to allow students to leave the building to eat. Plan to bring a lunch or visit a nearby restaurant (many located within walking distance).
- Persons unwilling or unable to follow the above guidelines will be asked to leave the class and reschedule for a future date. Refunds will not be provided in this case.