Research Training Program Spring 2022 Request for Proposals
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4/29/2022
Funding period: 7/1/2022 – 6/30/2023
Grants ranging from $5,000 to a maximum of $20,000 are available to occupational health and safety (OHS) researchers in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Areas of OHS include industrial hygiene, occupational and environmental health nursing, occupational and environmental epidemiology, occupational and environmental medicine, occupational health services research and policy, injury epidemiology and safety, ergonomics, toxicology, health physics, and occupational health psychology.
The Request for Proposal (RFP) is applicable only to educational institutions and targets (1) newly-independent principal investigators (PIs); (2) experienced PIs pursuing OHS as a new direction for research; and (3) doctoral research trainees working under the supervision of a PI.
Priority will be given to:
- Research proposals with a high potential for affecting the practice of OHS;
- Projects that focus on OHS disparities and vulnerable workers;
- Research ideas that have the potential for: i) resulting in peer-reviewed publications; and ii) being developed into proposals for more substantial funding, based on results from this research grant;
- PIs working in complementary or non-traditional disciplines who wish to become more actively involved in addressing occupational safety and health issues;
- PIs attempting to develop innovative research efforts in collaboration with faculty from the MCOHS-ERC;
- Junior PIs needing initial support for innovative research areas who lack support from other sources; and
- Doctoral students undertaking research required for their degree